Welcome to Bristol’s Sporting Hall of Fame
Bristol Active City is a celebration of the part sport and physical activity plays across Bristol’s many and diverse communities.
To celebrate Bristol’s many Sporting Inspirations we want your help to build a Hall of Fame, where we can share their stories and encourage others to follow in their footsteps.
Inspirations come in many forms and this is your chance to celebrate the amazing people who have achieved great things whether in the local community, at international level or simply against the odds. Nominations can be made to the categories below.
An inaugural reception was held on Thursday 24th May. Nominations continue on an ongoing basis.
If you know of a Bristol resident who has International sports representative status they may be eligible for the Bristol Internationals card, read more here
How to nominate
- Nominees for induction to the Hall of Fame must be Bristol* born and bred or living and training or coaching/ contributing in their sport/ activity in Bristol*.
- Please read the description under each category, select a category making sure your nominee matches the criteria.
- Identify a second nominator who can be emailed to verify your nomination
- Fill in the Nomination form.
- You will be notified within 1 month as to whether your nomination has been successful.
- Successful nominees will receive a letter inviting them to join the Hall of Fame. We will provide a special graphic to share on social media.
- Successful nominees will need to supply a high res JPEG image of themselves.
*Within the Bristol City Council Area
Any questions about the Hall of Fame please email: email@example.com
Please note that submitting a nomination does not guarantee that the nominee will be admitted into the Hall of Fame or to the specific category that they have been nominated for.