Welcome to Bristol’s Sporting Hall of Fame
Bristol Active City is a celebration of the part sport and physical activity plays across Bristol’s many and diverse communities.
To celebrate Bristol’s many Sporting Inspirations we want your help to build a Hall of Fame, where we can share their stories and encourage others to follow in their footsteps.
Inspirations come in many forms and this is your chance to celebrate the amazing people who have achieved great things whether in the local community, at international level or simply against the odds. Nominations can be made to the categories below.
Successful nominees received by 30th April will be invited to an inaugural reception in the afternoon of Thursday 24th May.
This category celebrates community heroes and local legends who have made an outstanding contribution to community sport and physical activity, giving their time to enable others to get involved. Their exceptional contribution may be decades of involvement in sport in their community or enabling high numbers of people to participate in sport and physical activity.
This category celebrates those who have worked to achieve excellence at national and international level inspiring others and raising the profile of our city.
This category celebrates those who have battled against difficult circumstances to achieve beyond expectations and have inspirational stories to tell.
This category celebrates Bristol’s up and coming outstanding achievers aged 18 and under. Nominations from schools are welcome.
How to nominate
- Nominees for induction to the Hall of Fame must be Bristol* born and bred or living and training in their sport/ activity in Bristol*.
- Please read the description under each category, select a category making sure your nominee matches the criteria.
- Identify a second nominator who can be emailed to verify your nomination
- Fill in the Nomination form.
- You will be notified within 1 month as to whether your nomination has been successful.
- Successful nominees will receive a letter inviting them to join the Hall of Fame. We will provide a special graphic to share on social media.
- Successful nominees will need to supply a high res JPEG image of themselves.
*Within the Bristol City Council Area
Any questions about the Hall of Fame please email: email@example.com
Please note that submitting a nomination does not guarantee that the nominee will be admitted into the Hall of Fame or to the specific category that they have been nominated for.