Gympanzees provide access to exercise, a wider sensory experience and play whilst reducing isolation with the aim of improving health and well-being for children and their families. We would usually do this through our Pop-Up events but were unable to do this in 2020 due to COVID-19.
Instead, following feedback from our families on the lack of therapy, play and exercise support, gympanzees set up ‘Our Home’ – an online resource hub made up of:
- A specialist Lending Library – where families can borrow our incredible equipment and experience a little bit of Gympanzees in their home
- Therapy Webinars – a library of webinars from trained professional therapists, discussing a variety of disabilities
- Online Resource Hub – Over 60 pages of activities, ideas and exercises families can do at home.
They wanted to let you know, that our Lending Library is still open during lockdown and families can borrow our specialist sensory and sensory integration equipment, therapy equipment, robust disability toys and gym and exercise equipment to use at home for 2 weeks, free of charge.
Here’s an example of some of the equipment we have available:
- Pop up dark den with light kit
- Weighted blankets
- Movement sensory kits
- Music sensory kits
- Proprioception and tactile kits
- Visual and Tactile Kits
- Floor is lava Kits
- Switch toys
- Soft play pieces and Ball pit
- Sensory integration indoor swing sets
Gympanzees now have almost 100 large items like these and are working towards building 250 items in our Library. Visit their Lending Library website for the full catalogue and to sign up for membership.